I finished clue two of the March mystery socks last night.
I seem to be knitting tighter than mornal, but they seem to fit so far. I love the way Dream in Color Smooshy looks in this pattern. the color way is go go grassy. Yum!
I also finished the Daphne hat. I did it in Malabrigo twist in the cookie color way. I like twist, I like the color way, I like the pattern, not so sure variegated was the way to go for the hat. I think it's cute, even looks cute on Isabelle, but not on me. I still haven't found a hat that works for me.
I also finished "Just enough Ruffles" in malabrigo worsted in the cactus flower color way, that I got last summer. I love the way this turned out! I just want to wear it and wear it and wear it until it's too hot to wear anymore.
The 600 stitches on the ruffle nearly killed me though. I may make it again, but not soon.
Two pictures, one that shows the scarf well, but not me, and one that shows me better but not so much of the scarf. :D
I never wanted to make a "BSJ" as it is lovingly called amongst knitters, because it seemed sort of outdated, or over done. I don't know. However sometimes knitting is for the experience, so I decided to join a knit along for said jacket.
I figured since this was just an experiment for me that I would use left over sock yarn.
I have decided that I will probably make another one of these, it was sort of fun, but not right now. I was convinced that this was going to be the ugliest bsj somewhere in the middle of this. I used the left over of a couple pair of socks the only boy colors I could find.
then I sewed it up, and added a few of my grandma's vintage buttons that matched perfectly, and it looks very 50's retro to me.