Friday, September 24, 2010

Housewares swap package sent.

I assembled a housewares package for Readingknitter01 on ravelry.

I was sort of out of my element with this swap theme.

I made a grouchy couch in sage green and yellow. I thought it would be fun. It ended up being a lot more work than I expected, and I think I overstuffed the base....

I also made a hummingbird hot pad (which ends up being a double sided washcloth).

And a tulip wash cloth.

I also made a toilet paper cover out of surf blue malabrigo, which I neglected to get a picture of. I also made a little washcloth/doily for the roll to sit on, out of sugar'n cream violet veil color way.

And a french market bag that felted a little smaller than I planned.

and here it is pre blocking:

I also included a butterfly project bag I made, and a dark green cloth covered chinese take out box that I filled with random teas that I had in the cupboard. And a shopping list with elmo on it. Oh and a skein of chameleon colorworks sock yarn in blues and greens that I thought she might like. I was really nervous because I am not a housewares knitter.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another green hat!?

I like green!



bathroom mirror back of the head shot

bathroom mirror side shot.... not attractive of me, but the hat is pretty.

This pattern is called Kalyani, it was a KAL for the From Robin's Nest group on Ravelry

I made this one with a dark green cascade 220 superwash.


the Sock knitter's anonymous group, had the challenge to knit socks in black, white, or black and white. There was also a mystery sock but i didn't feel as inspired to make it. It involved beads, and I am not sure how I feel about beads in socks.

I did however decide that I wanted to make Boo! toe-up socks, and include it in the Halloween sock KAL as well. I made them in Cascade heritage sock yarn in the natural color way. I probably made them a little shorter than normal, but I really like them.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Working backwards

I have been so caught up in the beginning of school, I haven't been posting my finished projects. I have been knitting so never fear, I haven't quit. If I did, I am not sure what would happen to me. hahaha

Anyway, I will start with one of my more recent finished projects and work my way backwards.

I finished this slouchy hat/ beret recently. I made it out of Dream in Color Classy Happy forest. The pattern is called Tuscan leaves. I have given it the name of Tuscan Leaves in a Happy Forest. I think it is very cute, I blocked it a little too big, but I think it will come in a little if I wash it.

Isabelle took the picture for me.

I tried to take this one myself.

This is what it looked like before blocking.

this is what it looked like while it was blocking.

And this is it on my mannequin head, that had her poor nose smashed when we moved.