The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, in "Life's a Beach"
The pattern on the leg is "surfin'" and I made a tabi toe, to wear with flip flops.
The cuff was called a prestige cuff, which I just liked, not necessarily beachy or hawaiian, the heel is called a band heel, not as much structure as most heels, but not needed if worn with flip flops.
I was going to make this for Arcadia's birthday last year, but the Turkish Cast On really put me off, so I put it aside. I decided to make it this year, and it wasn't too bad. I don't think I did the turkish cast on correctly, but I went with it anyway.
I finished the socks for the designer on Thursday, and mailed them off on Friday, she got them on Monday and said they looked good. Yay! I will post pictures when the pattern is released.
I also finished my first shawl, or shawlette (smaller with short row shaping). It is a pattern provided for free for From Robin's Nest yarn, ravelry group members. It is only free until the 15th of May so if you want to join in, hurry.
I made it with sock yarn instead of lace weight. I also used a size US6 needle instead of the 7 (couldn't find it). I used gunmetal 6/0 beads which I loved the way the went with the Rayon Vert Malabrigo sock (which were supposed to be Rick socks, but the pattern thwarted me yet again!
I finished knitting it yesterday, and blocked it over night. I think if I make it again in sock weight I will definitely use the US7 or maybe even US8 and use a really stretchy Cast On. I think I might even be able to handle this pattern in lace weight. who knows.
Here is the close up.
I am very pleased, I just wish it weren't raining so I could have taken an outside picture.
Madeline has been after me to finish her February Lady Sweater. She earned the yarn when she was working for Robin this last summer. I started it at one point, then I decided on different buttons when I saw some cute ceramic buttons with birds on them. They are large buttons so I had to go back and start over. It was a good thing too, as Madeline had grown from a size 5 to a size 12 (teenagers!). I got the body done, then the major time drain were the 3/4 length sleeves. I could not be motivated no matter what!
I finally finished it this weekend, blocked it and sewed the buttons on last night.
Here are additional pictures. this is pre-blocking
I signed up for two knit a-longs (KAL's), one for an exclusive shawl for the From Robin's Nest group. Beautiful little leafy shawlette designed by zuzusus from Ravelry.
I also signed up for another pair of mystery socks, designed by Cookie A. I love cookie a. socks.
I have not picked yarn yet, however, I have the malabrigo sock, that I was trying to make Rick Socks out of, and think I would like the color better in the shawl, time to frog, and recake. The coookie A. socks has cables, and should be a semi solid, I am almost thinking my gothic rose, or in vino veritas in my dream in color smooshy yarn, I love that yarn for socks!
HOWEVER! I need to finish a pair of socks that I am knitting for one of the club designers. I should have finished them last week, but I had to rip back on one of the socks, then I got sick for a couple days, and didn't feel like knitting anything, so I read Sookie Stackhouse novels instead.
Fortunately I read all my Sookie Stackhouse novels, so I should get back on those socks. Madeline really wants me to finish her February lady sweater I am only have about 6 or 7 pattern repeats on the last sleeve, then the garter stitch boarder on the end, then buttons and blocking.... Very close to being finished, really.
OH, and for anyone interested From Robins nest is having a stock up event. Anyone interested in splitting bags of yarn feel free to talk to me. :)