Monday, February 22, 2010

a swap for broke folk

It was proposed that we could have a fun swap with others in the Fingerless Glove Fanatic-Off topic group on Ravelry. We wanted to have the opportunity to swap on a postal budget, as well as providing contents for the swap that were either handmade or inexpensive.

I sent to my swapee a skein of yarn I was not planning to use any time soon, a pair of mitts that were a color that I probably wouldn't wear and a box bag that wasn't selling too well in Utah (it had pictures of cocktails etc, fabric I received from a custom order for someone else). I was barely able to squeeze all that into the smallest flat rate box, and mail it off for less than $5.

The person who had me was HappyNancy from Ireland. She actually gave away the surprise early on, that she had me, because she was concerned that I might not like what she had to send. But she did an amazing job, thinking not only of me, but my family. Here are the pictures.


I got the most amazing package from [HappyNancy](/people/HappyNancy).

When I found out I got the package with irish chocolate I knew everyone would be jealous, then I saw the other stuff and I was amazed!

here were a bunch of little packages individually wrapped!

IMG_2511

some were labled for me but there were also some labled for the girls and even one for Hal!

so I opened all of them to make sure they deserved what was inside. LOL

IMG_2512

there is a cute little gift for each of the girls, as well as a cute little bag of chocolate for each girl, then even a bag of chocolate for Hal, and FOUR pieces of chocolate for me. I also got the coolest necklace with skulls on it, and matching earrings, and a dragonfly hair clip, and hand made cards that are fantastic! a bookmark that says I should be knitting, and Irish recipes! Oh my gosh! and a cool hand made in Ireland cross thing that I know nothing about and may have to research.

Now for each of us enjoying some of our good fortune!
IMG_2513

IMG_2514

and I thought Nancy might like to see what each girl chose.

IMG_2515
LOOK a MINOR MINION, I am so jealous! I am trying to figure out a way to steal it from her. Yvette actually chose it first, and Madeline chose a necklace that ended up being too small for her so they gladly traded.
IMG_2521
look at that cute little necklace!
IMG_2522
and sabrina has this cute grey bunny! she loves bunnies!

IMG_2519

this is an Irish post card and actual shamrock. Madeline tried to trade the necklace with her, but she wasn't having anything to do with it.

IMG_2518
adorable little beaded necklace, she has outifts planned for it already.

IMG_2516

I am not sure if one of the toys was intended for Charlotte, but she really really wanted this hello kitty pin.

IMG_2520
Hal wasn't going to let anyone eat those chocolates, so he ate them right away, and even let me take a picture. LOL

1 comment:

SusanB-knits said...

Nice swap package! It's amazing what you can cram into that tiny box. I'm sorry I missed out on this swap.