Saturday, July 24, 2010

Knitting and crochet for others

I then Volunteered Madeline to make a tarantula for an elementary school that burned down in California. A teacher lost a spider puppet, and there are several people on Ravelry that are making toys to replace lost items in the school.

This isn't quite a puppet, but Madeline made the Thorax and the head. I made the legs and assembled it. Then Madeline sewed on the beady little eyes. sorta creepy cute.


Robin asked me to knit a blue kangaroo for a customer that she ran out of time to make, and needed it by Saturday. I think I got it on Tuesday, and spent about 19.5 hours making it....

I think he turned out a little wonky, but it's done. I will probably never make a kangaroo ever again!




1 comment:

SusanB-knits said...

Cute spider. I like the blue kangaroo too! I haven't tried knitting any toys yet. I have a sock monkey to make...one of these days.