Thursday, January 24, 2008

Considering the switch from LJ to Blogger


In this digital world, it is easy to become overwhelmed with choices. I have numerous email accounts. I have a facebook account, a livejournal account, a myspace account, a yahoo 360 account, but I don't update them all. I tried keeping both livejournal and the 360 account updated for a while, then I realized I was just way too busy for that. I also hate repeating myself. This is not to say that I don't repeat myself, even numerously in the same conversation. I am just saying that I have read forum posts that were copy/pastes from people's livejournal entry, and I get bored. I am just trying not to be my normal boring self.

I think I gave up on updating my 360 account, because there were so few options, and I like to upload pictures. so I just kept up my livejournal. Another reason I kept up my livejournal, was because I wanted to keep family and friends in touch with me. I thought my parents, and in-laws were reading my livejournal entries. The fact is, they were, for a while. I don't think they do any longer. I have a few friends that do, but I think if I seriously switched my blogging site, they could handle changing their bookmarks. My mother on the other hand is technologically retarded. She can play pogo, and read her email, but that's about it. If her browser has a pop-up and it covers an existing window, that window is lost to her forever. I tried chatting with her on Yahoo, and it was frustrating to say the least. So now, she only gets an occasional call from me. Yes, you can say I am a bad daughter, I don't mind.

So, my life is running 6 daughters around, reminding them to practice musical instruments, and making them do their homework. I have recently decided that my oldest daughter can walk the almost mile to middle school, and the younger kids in school live only about a block away from their school, so my running around is not the to and from school thing. I mean dentist appointments, orthodontist appointments, doctor appointments, eye doctor appointments, and the occasional play dates.

I used to have cleaners come every other week, to help maintain the house, however, my husband's job dissolved, so we are currently trying not to spend too much money. This also lead to us having to let go of the cello, and piano teacher. We still have the violin teacher come once a week, but she was the cheapest of the music teachers. I have a 3 year old in preschool, and tried to remove her from the school, to save money, but they offered her a scholarship. Imagine that! A scholarship for preschool. Only in California.

We have only been in Northern California for about a year and a half. I am still feeling a little like a fish out of water, but am getting the hang of it. I have a hard time feeling like I "fit in". I think I have an affected personality, making it hard for me to make friends. However, I probably feel more at home in California than in Utah. So after much rambling what I am trying to say is that I usually blog about my family, my experiences in California, and the occasional project that I might have. I have been doing this at livejournal, but am considering switching to blogger.

No comments: