Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cable Hat stress reliever...

After a stressful event yesterday, I turned to knitting to relieve my stress. I guess this is a good thing, instead of turning to drugs or alcohol, or usually in my case, caffeine or chocolate, I turned to knitting. I had a ball of yarn that I have been thinking about and trying to figure out what I was going to use it for. It was an impulse buy. It was the last of it's color sitting in a sale box at my Local Yarn Store (LYS, for those in the know). When I bought the skein, it sat amongst others of it's kind that were mostly grey and silver. The outside strands of this skein were black and brown, but I could see the blue and dark purple inside. I could tell the yarn had potential.

I finally decided on a pattern, then when I needed something to relax with yesterday, I started it up.

I finished today after some modifications so that it would fit my HUGE head.

cables
cabletop
cablehat

The pictures of me modeling it are a little blurry, and not very good, as they were taken in the bathroom mirror.

No comments: