Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Finally a finished project!



Madeline has been after me to finish her February Lady Sweater. She earned the yarn when she was working for Robin this last summer. I started it at one point, then I decided on different buttons when I saw some cute ceramic buttons with birds on them. They are large buttons so I had to go back and start over. It was a good thing too, as Madeline had grown from a size 5 to a size 12 (teenagers!). I got the body done, then the major time drain were the 3/4 length sleeves. I could not be motivated no matter what!

I finally finished it this weekend, blocked it and sewed the buttons on last night.

Here are additional pictures.

this is pre-blocking


Post blocking


The buttons


The back

2 comments:

Heather Tolley said...

This is so cute!

SusanB-knits said...

Beautiful sweater.

Happy Mother's Day!!!