Friday, January 02, 2009

Knitting goals

I have started one of my goals for the new year. I wanted to make grab bag projects out of some of my stash. It was a suggestion in the Fingerless Glove Fanatics group. Put projects in plain paper bags, the yarn the pattern, etc. then once a month or however often you wish, just grab a bag and surprise, there's your project. I never got around to preparing it for this year, so I did some today. I have 3 lace projects and 4 fingerless glove projects in bags. I have ordered some yarn, and can get some others put together when my order comes. Not that I don't have enough yarn, because I do..... but that's my plan. And I have started it. so yay!

I also want to tame my stash, organize it, catalogue it, protect it from moths or what have you. I haven't done that yet.

It was also my goal this year to learn to make socks. But I did that at the end of last year. so I guess for this year, maybe to make two at a time socks. That would be a new technique for me.

I also want to finish some of my numerous works in progress.... but don't we all.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hey Tracy! You knit so fast that you'll get everything done! I don't know how you do it!

Happy New Year!

Tracy said...

I have to finish something before the kids find me! Hahaha

SusanB-knits said...

Good start to a new year having one of your goals done! I love making socks and there is always something new to learn about making them.

smariek said...

Oooh, if you learn two at a time socks, that prolly means you can also knit two at a time mitts! :-D Socks are on my to learn list for 2009.

I posted my 2009 goals here

Tracy said...

that's another reason to learn!