Monday, July 28, 2008

Getting ready for August

I have two projects waiting for the Ravelympics to start. I cast on for a lovely bag designed by Ganiggle, to use some yarn that I inherited from my grandmother. The color really isn't me, but it felt to special not to use, and I felt it wanted to be a cabled bag.

celticjuly26
It has a lovely celtic cable in the middle and some mesh pannels on the sides. I doubled the yarn (I think it is dk weight) and am using a slightly larger needle than suggested, I think it makes it ok, maybe not quite as tightly knit as the original. I think I will line it, so that a contrasting color shows through the mesh panels.

Almost done, then I think I will be test knitting another pair of mitts in August, then the ravelympics.

Oh, I did make a pair of children's sized mitts for one of my neighbor's daughters, I should make a pair of mitts for the older one too.

So much to do!

No comments: