Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here Snakey Snakey

I finished one snake mitt, the test pattern knitting....
snakemitt3snakemitt2snakemitt1snakemittens
The Dilbert cartoon was offered as a challenge to anyone who wanted to design Snakes for mittens. (To clarify, I did NOT design these, I am only test knitting them).

I think these turned out very cute for a purple snake. Every thing was stuff I had, which makes me very happy. The yarn is Cascade 220 worsted weight wool (which is a joy to work with, for wool), the beads are some that I purchased last year to make holly beads on a Christmas pillow, that hasn't been made yet, and the little bit of red from a skein of cascade that I got for DD2 last year.

I did have to buy US5 double pointed needles. I bought the cheapest set I could find, and they are a little too long... hmm.

Anyway, I was thinking of giving these away when finished, but they are so cute! I may keep them, but when would I ever wear them?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I like the snakes. You should post the cartoon here too. I thought you meant to mispell the ranblings word all along. Creativity!

Mary Ann said...

Your purple snake mitts look awesome!! I love the color and the design is great. I can't wait for the pattern to be released so that I can make a pair, providing I learn how to follow a graph! lol

Kathy said...

You could wear them whenever you want! Keep them in your family. They are adorable and you really met the challenge. THanks for entering my contest on irisheyes. I do check every one who comments and their suggested blog. I have found some beauties.
Including yours!