Monday, April 07, 2008

knitting update

Isabelle wanted something lacy for a future Activity Days Activity. so...

frilly1
isabelle's frilly
This is the bag I received from my first ever swap...

echangebag
exchange bagi inside

She made a very cute bag. She asked if I could line it myself. I think I can, I will just have to find some fabric that I think suits it. It is sort of a fancy little bag, maybe something silky/satiny.

Lastly, I have joined another swap, that has a hand theme. I already have the lotion and nail polish, and thought to make some mitts. I am having some trouble making some that I like. These are the "rough draft" so far
heilocablemitt
heilocablemitpalm
The girl they are for is probably a little edgier than I am, so I am worried they are a little too conservative. Oops, I hope she doesn't read this, and ruin her surprise. Oh well, if she does she can tell me if she hates them or not.

I rescued the yarn from a doomed sweater so, I still need to wash them with some fabric softer, and block them a little. I was actually thinking of making some like the ones I made for Isabelle, but a little longer, however, she doesn't like acrylic yarn, which is what the turquoise yarn is, so I didn't want to inflict that upon her....

2 comments:

essjay said...

The turqouise lacy things look great - a perfect way to dress up even the simplest of shirts! What a great purse to recieve as a swap gift, hopefully you can find the perfect fabric for it. Good luck on your next swap too!

Tracy said...

Thank you. The swap things are all sort of exciting. Now if I weren't so insecure about these mitts....